Based in London, the DNA of Cities is a research and advisory service which helps cities around the world to understand their underlying DNA and act more purposefully in international markets.
We use our team’s combined expertise on:
- urban history and change
- economic development and competitiveness
- technology and innovation
- city and metropolitan governance and leadership
in order to advise cities on how to manifest their DNA in innovative ways in new cycles, and avoid lock in.
In particular we help city governments, strategic organisations and marketing/branding teams to:
- Communicate their city’s existing traits in new and desirable ways.
- Reformulate the way in which their DNA is expressed, by re-emphasizing their forgotten traits.
- Identify the right initiatives and interventions to build shared identity.